Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's been going on!

A few weeks ago, Brad and I went to Fredericksburg to get away for a weekend. It was our late Valentine's day week...It was wonderful, just what we needed. There were deer everywhere, they walked within about 20 feet of us! The house sat on the middle of about 100 acres and had a hot tub, so we were in heaven! You can see pictures here if you'd like to: http://www.facebook.com/whit.davis#!/album.php?aid=2057866&id=1341861573&ref=mf

Not to long ago I found a lump on my grandmother's breast when I was getting her ready for bed. I mentioned it to my mom, so she scheduled a mammogram. The same day she took her they did a sonogram, the radiologist told my mom he was 99% sure it was cancer. At the same time they found two lumps on her lymph nodes under her arm. So Mom scheduled an appoint the following week with an oncologist, he told her without even doing the biopsy he was sure it was cancer because of the characteristics of the growth. His recommendation was do to a mastectomy, and possibly remove the two lymph nodes (he wasn't positive those were cancer, we won't know til next week). After much thought my mom decided to go ahead and do the mastectomy, my grandmother will be 98 this year so it was not an easy decision for my mom to make. On Wednesday this week she went in for the mastectomy, everything went well and she seems to be doing quite good. She has been giving the nurses a run for her money, as she can be quite demanding because she does not like the IV in her arm nor does she like not being able to get out of bed. Unfortunately she is a bit confused, she keeps telling my mom to take her bra off because it hurts. It breaks my heart she's going through this, hopefully God will bless her with a speedy recovery.


I haven't been able to see my grandmother because I got strep throat on Tuesday, I could hardly swallow. I hadn't had in so long I actually thought I was having an allergic reaction to something, but the Dr said nope it was strep throat. He called me in a Z-pack, thankfully it's helped tremendously! I am still not 100% but I am getting there.

Otherwise both of us are doing quite well, but I think Brad will be doing better in 5 months when football starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment